Sunday, December 29, 2013

One Holiday Bleeds Into Another

Our holidays are all mixed up.

People around here are throwing parties, assuming that we can come because all the Christmas madness is behind us.  But ours is just getting started, with kids trickling in to town, sprinkles from Christmas cookies littering the kitchen counter, and Mr. Nesquik's hands all cramped up from addressing the Christmas cards.

And to further twists things around, we ate Easter Brunch Lasagna for dinner, if only to use up the Christmas ham.  Emma said it was "weird but wonderful":

As for books, I made a valiant attempt at Peter Carey's "irrepressibly funny" Parrot and Olivier in America.  But I just don't get it.  I have laughed more during a mammogram than I have while reading this highly confusing story.  You may try it yourself and prove me wrong.  Let me know how it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment